Palm Beach State Athletics will periodically hold tryouts in an effort to fill a roster spot and/or scout interested athletic talent. Participation in a tryout is voluntary and participation in such does not guarantee an offer of a scholarship or spot on said team's roster. Tryouts are available to the general public and will be publicized here.
To participate in a tryout; players must have graduated from high school, must bring a valid sports physical (performed within the last 13 months), may not be signed to any other collegiate institution, and must sign a waiver stating they relieve the college of any liability should injury/illness occur during the tryout. If any of the above conditions are not met, interested parties will not be permitted to compete in the tryout.
All tryouts are to be conducted at the team's home field/court, which are located at the Lake Worth campus. Tryouts may not exceed 2 hours in length.
2019-2020 Tryout Schedule
- Baseball - September 13 at 2:00 pm (Rescheduled from August 30 because of Hurricane Dorian)
- Contact Coach Kyle Forbes for more information
- Women's Basketball - August 23 at 3:00 pm
- Contact Coach Maureen Smith or Coach Mike Yousefian for more information.
- Men's Basketball - September 7 at 3:00 pm
- Must bring valid physical and sign liability waiver
- Cost is $40 at the door
- Restricted to those 18 years and older
- This is a combine for a showcase of skills only; basketball does not have any open roster spots.
- Contact Coach Rich Grant for more information